• March 8Nor'Easter Causes All Pelham Schools to Close on 3/7

• March 4Speech Team nets 11 State Championship qualifiers; 2 advance to Natl Championship @ Ft Lauderdale & 2 to Nationals in DC

• March 4Nor'Easter hits; Iona Prep loses power; PMHS takes over as last-minute host for 3/4 Speech tournament

The Pel Mel

CCC Dodgeball Tournament Raises $4K

Winners of the CCC dodgeball tournament, the Purple Cobras, pose with their well-earned trophy.

Courtesy of Nick Senerchia

Courtesy of Nick Senerchia

Sam Plunkett, Sophomore, Co-Website Editor

For the fourth year in a row, the Community Care club (CCC) hosted a dodgeball tournament to raise money for ALS. This year, there were 16 teams that participated, ranging from some of the lacrosse coaches to students here at Pelham Memorial High School. The tournament took place in the middle school gym where teams of six competed in a bracket style tournament. The tournament raised more than $4,000, and leading the pack was Nick Senerchia’s team, which raised over $800.

With the recent passing of Anthony Senerchia, this year was extra special and meant a lot to everyone at the event, especially Nick Senerchia, Anthony’s nephew, who won the tournament this year along with his teammates, Luke DeVivo, Frank DelPonte, Michael McInerney, Cam Kleinberger and Matt McInerney, all sophomores.

Daniel Tahbaz, a member of the CCC, said, “The CCC was thrilled with the turnout for the annual dodgeball tournament. Sixteen teams competed in what was, no doubt, an exciting time for all and raised money for an excellent cause.”

Baked goods, made by members of the community, were also sold with all profits going to ALS. Each team donated a minimum of $30, but were welcome to donate more. The winning team received a trophy, and the team who raised the most won dinner for six at Cantina Lobos. Finally, the team which was “Best Dressed” got a $10 Panera Bread Gift Card for each team-member. The Best Dressed Award went to Maley’s Angels this year, who sported softball themed outfits.