• March 8Nor'Easter Causes All Pelham Schools to Close on 3/7

• March 4Speech Team nets 11 State Championship qualifiers; 2 advance to Natl Championship @ Ft Lauderdale & 2 to Nationals in DC

• March 4Nor'Easter hits; Iona Prep loses power; PMHS takes over as last-minute host for 3/4 Speech tournament

The Pel Mel

Boys Swim Team Competes in first Section I Championships in their First Season

Senior Brady Tolan cuts through the water.

Lucy Edmunds

Lucy Edmunds

Desmond O'Rourke, Senior, Staff Reporter

The Pelham boys varsity swim team exceeded all expectations as they competed in their first Section I Championships on February 12 and 13 after a stellar premier season. The event took place at the Nassau County Aquatic Center in Long Island, New York, serving as the racing grounds for a total of 31 opposing teams.

Among the most notable performances throughout the championship was by sophomore Dylan Nordstrom who reached the Class A Final in the 200 Yard Freestyle event and swam a time of 1:47.60. Nordstrom also competed in the final in the 500 free at sectional.

A team consisting of senior Mason Brady, sophomores Lance Brady and Dylan Nordstrom, and freshman Christopher Hartigan made the Class B Final, clocking an impressive time of 3:34.79.

“The inaugural boys swimming season was a successful one not just because of our winning record of 6-4, but also because, as the season went on, everybody got better and improved,” senior Mason Brady said. “Advancing to the section finals was exhilarating and it was amazing to see our hard work pay off.”