Former PMHS Assistant Principal Sabia Appointed Principal of Pelham Middle School

Former English Chair Llewellyn Appointed Interim Assistant Principal at PMS

courtesy of Pelham Union Free School District

Ms. Sabia and Mr. Llewellyn look forward to their new positions at the middle school.

Katy Hart, Senior, Graphic Design Editor

Former PMHS Assistant Principal Lynn Sabia was named principal of the middle school after former principal Dr. Robert Roelle resigned to become the Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction for the Pearl River, NY school district. Sabia ascends to the role after having served as Assistant Principal of the middle school since 2010.

After thirteen years of service in the district, Ms. Sabia was chosen from over 100 applicants for the position. Her experience and commitment to Pelham played a major role in her selection, having held the position of Assistant Principal in the middle school.

“Ms. Sabia is uniquely qualified to help prepare our students for their transition to high school and beyond,” Superintendent Dr. Champ wrote in her letter to parents.

“I am honored to lead Pelham Middle School and look forward to serving the students, parents, and staff next school year and beyond,” Sabia said.

At her side will be Mr. Sean Llewellyn, another familiar face. Llewellyn served as English Supervisor in the high school for eight years, and International Baccalaureate Supervisor before being chosen to fill the post Sabia vacated. With twenty-five years of experience in education under his belt, he will be the new Interim Assistant Principal of the middle school for the 2018-19 school year.