The Pel Mel

Pelham Writers Attend 2019 Young Authors Conference

Back to Article
Back to Article

(front row, l to r) Madeline Brice, Kim Rosell, Madelyn Ploch, (2nd row, l to r) Daniel Bernstein, Rachel Brewer, Francesca Di Cristofano, (back row, l to r) Michael Salama, Ben Gickman and Sam Rodd attended the 2019 Young Authors Conference where the aim was to understand that the power of writing comes from the process as well as the product.

Ms. Laura Stagliano

Ms. Laura Stagliano

Ms. Laura Stagliano

Nine students represented the school at the 2019 Young Authors Conference held at Westchester Community College in Valhalla on March 12.

According to their website, “The Young Authors Conference began thirty-two years ago to publicly honor and encourage outstanding high school students who have demonstrated talent and interest in writing. The conference, held each March, provides highly stimulating opportunities for students to be active participants in writing workshops with professional writers, including novelists, poets, editors, and journalists. Students gain an understanding of how writers write and learn of the diverse careers open to writers.”

Attending this year were seniors Daniel Bernstein, Rachel Brewer, Madeline Brice, Francesca Di Cristofano, Ben Glickman, Madelyn Ploch,  Sam Rodd, Kimberly Rosell, and Michael Salama.

The theme of this year’s conference was “Writing: Journey & Destination.”