The Pel Mel

• September 19PMHS alum Biaggi wins Democratic primary for state senate seat

• September 6Susan Lockhart appointed Interim Assistant Superintendent for Pupil Personnel

• September 6Greg Lau joins PUFSD as new Supervisor of Special Ed for Middle & High Schools

All School Newspapers in the District Now Online

Desmond O’Rourke, Senior

In an ever-increasing digital age, many print newspapers have discovered that the only way they can stay relevant to their readership is to go digital themselves. With digital sources such as Twitter, it is now possible to access to an ample amount of articles in a matter of seconds. Now, The Pel Mel has added itself to the wave of online publications, and pelicans can no ride the wave.

All school newspapers in the Pelham school district are now being published on the internet. With the help of School Newspapers Online (SNO), which first made its debut in the district at Colonial in 2011 with the help of local Pelhamite, Rich Zahradnik, academic publications can design custom layouts based on the needs of their journalists.

Prior to going digital, Pel Mel staff headed over to Colonial to witness their use of the new platform.

Principal Tonya Wilson said, “Our online newspaper is giving students new skills to express their own stories.”

The Pel Mel is happy to join our sister publications in the production of online publications, and in joining the digital revolution. To view the Pel Mel online, please go to https://thepelmelpmhs.com.