Quintano is Named School Social Worker

Lucy Edmunds

Ms. Quintano is excited for the challenges her new position will entail.

Sam Plunkett, Sports Editor, Junior

Over the summer, last year’s student assistance guidance counselor Ms. Quintano was promoted to a new position. As a social worker for the school, the first one that the high school has had, her position is similar to Ms. Sharon Charles, who works closely with many middle schoolers and helps them through tough times.

Before coming to the Pelham School District in April of 2017, Ms. Q worked for over 15 years as the Student Assistance Counselor for Yorktown and Ardsley. PUFSD brought Ms. Quintano on board as our Student Assistant Counselor

Ms. Quintano can be found in Room 210 where she can conference with students and families so they can find the appropriate resources to remedy their situations. She aims to continue to provide social and emotional support to high school students focusing on improving the lives of pelicans in a positive way.

Ms. Quintano is well qualified for her new role. She received a master’s degree in Social Work from Columbia University in 2006. While at Columbia University she held two internships – one at the Association for the Help of Retarded Children in the medical clinic and one at The Young Women’s Leadership School in East Harlem.

She also attended NYS Silver School of Social Work for her Advanced Clinical Practice Certificate.