The Pel Mel

• November 7Pelham Alumna Alessandra Biaggi Wins State Senate Seat

• October 31Pelican Volleyball falls to 4th seed Walter Panas in 3-2 loss

• October 26Pelican Footballers Finish 2nd in League E, Losing to Pearl River

All’s Fair: PMHS Holds Annual Club Fair

Back to Article
Back to Article

All’s Fair: PMHS Holds Annual Club Fair

Juniors Elizabeth Comerford and Ava Juliano say “Benvenuto” to those interested in Italian Club.

Sarah Palmisciano

Sarah Palmisciano

Sarah Palmisciano

By Maria Comerford, Junior, News Editor

On October 4, the front entrance of the school was transformed into a carnival of tables as members of extracurricular groups and their advisors prepared for the annual Club Fair. Students mingled at a variety of stations in search of new groups to join.

Each group had tables with information about club events, meeting times, and sign-up sheets. Many lured potential new members with candy, complimentary newspapers and even souvenir pens.

“The Club Fair allows students to get involved in new activities and make friends that have similar interests to them,” senior Nora Tahbaz said. Nora is a member of the newly established Pelham Together Club, which organizes great charity events within the school.

This year, several new clubs were introduced, including Pelham Together, Mental Health Awareness, Dance Club, and Operation Smile.
“Without events like the Club Fair, it would be more of a hassle for students here to join clubs, and challenging to figure out who to ask or how to join them,” junior Julia O’Neil said. “The Club Fair just makes the process so much easier.”