Friendsgiving, a New Tradition!

PMHS students recently celebrated their ‘extended family’ at Friendsgiving.

Meghan Stevens, Senior, Clubs Editor

The holiday season is a special time to gather with those we love and take part in traditional festivities. While most enjoy a meal with their families on Thanksgiving, the trend of hosting a “Friendsgiving” has become very popular.

Friendsgiving is essentially a meal shared among a group of friends on a day separate from Thanksgiving to show gratitude for their presence in one another’s lives. At PMHS many students have embraced this new tradition, including senior Sarah Palmisciano and her friends. This year, on November 18, they hosted their very own potluck Friendsgiving, with each person bringing their own dish to share at her house.

“I made sure to ask everyone a few weeks before what they were bringing so no one was stressing out. We also made a group chat so everyone can easily access the information about it,” Palmisciano said.

With much organization and effort, the group of friends were able to share a fun night together over a delicious meal before the real holiday commenced.

“The thing I enjoy most about our Friendsgiving is that, since not all of our schedules line up during the day, it is the one time where our big friend group gets to sit down and enjoy each other’s company,” said Palmisciano.

Whether you are someone who loves the holiday season for the food, or just the overall ambiance, planning a Friendsgiving meal is a meaningful, worthwhile way to show your gratitude for the people you care about in your life.