Bands from High School and Middle School Hold Fundraiser February 27

Ben Glickman, Senior, Co-Editor-in-Chief

The band program’s annual fundraiser concert, featuring all middle and high school band ensembles, will take place February 27. The concert raises money every year for new music and equipment for the band program.

“Having funds in addition to what the school budgets is very helpful in keeping the program running smoothly,” Andrew Van Bochove, band director for the middle and high schools,  said. “I’ve also been trying to build a library of method books and warm-up books over the past couple years, which has been funded almost entirely with music from these concerts.”

Students from both schools will perform in a plethora of ensembles. The 6th, 7th, and 8th grade concert bands, as well as the middle school jazz band, will perform on behalf of the middle school. The high school will feature its concert band and the jazz band.

The theme of this year’s fundraiser is music from the cinema. Arrangements feature songs from popular films, including The Lego Movie, Black Panther, Coco, James Bond, The Incredibles, and Flashdance.

“The past couple years, I’ve tried to give a theme to the fundraising concert because it features so many grade levels, so this year I thought movies and cinema would be a fun theme,” Van Bochove said.

The concert will take place in the middle school gym at 7 p.m. There is no charge, but donations are encouraged.