Kaleigh Howe Hired to Coach Girls Varsity Lacrosse

Charlotte Edmunds

Coach Howe explains a complicated drill to the girls varsity lacrosse team.

Lila Caminiti, Managing Editor, Sophomore

This spring season, the girls varsity lacrosse team welcomed a new head coach, Kaleigh Howe. After many coaching changes over the past few years, the team believes that under the leadership of Coach Howe, they will have the best leadership to help them have a successful spring season.

“I am super excited about this team and the start of the season,” Howe said. “We are starting strong and have a lot of potential to go far into a successful postseason.”

Howe played lacrosse throughout high school, where she won the first ever girls section and regional titles for Pearl River High School. She continued her lacrosse career at Division I Manhattan College, where she played defense.

“I am very excited to have Coach Howe lead our Varsity Girls Lacrosse Program!” Athletic Director Steve Luciana said. “Her knowledge and enthusiasm for lacrosse showed throughout the interview process, which made her the right person for the job. I look forward to watching Coach Howe bring stability to our program and help make us a Section One power.”

Howe first coached at Albertus Magnus High School before a two year coaching stint at Pearl River High School.  The team is hoping to find success under Coach Howe.