Chorus Concert Is Merry and Bright

Kate Loughran, Sophomore, Managing Editor

The PMHS chorus helped get the holiday season off to a rousing start with their December 18 holiday concert. Led by Choral Director, Mrs. Maria Abeshouse, the concert opened with the chamber choir performing Come Again among other pieces.

The concert chorus followed, performing a series of holiday-themed tunes. One of the songs, Precious Gifts, was written by Mr. Katz, an elementary school music teacher, as a dedication to coach and teacher Mr. Roksvold, who, sadly, passed away this summer.

Another song was composed by student pianist, Isaac Blackburn, a junior, in which he performed a piano solo.

The concert concluded with a spirited rendition of The Hallelujah Chorus, in which returning alumni joined in.

Mrs. Abeshouse said,  “I spend a lot of time choosing the songs for every single concert and I take into consideration so many things.” Mrs. Abeshouse believed that this year the choir was strong enough to perform some more difficult pieces, and she was proud that they proved to be up for the challenge.

The students had been preparing since the end of September for the winter concert.

Mrs. Abeshouse said, “The preparation is in a lot of ways the most fun…the concert is like the icing on the cake.”