Alumnus Matty Reynolds, Spotify Superstar

Patrick Gardner, Co-Sports Editor

Pelham resident and PMHS alumnus Matthew “Matty” Reynolds is officially a superstar. This Prospect Hill, PMS, and PMHS graduate is taking the music industry by storm. Matty graduated PMHS in 2020 and he played football, baseball, and golf throughout his high school career. Reynolds’ new song “(another) hotel party” has brought in over 2.5 million streams on Spotify alone, and his first song “Last September” was also a hit. For most, these achievements are dreams come true, but Matty believes this is just the beginning 

Matthew began singing when he was a little boy, and for as long as he could remember, but he really started investing more time into developing his craft senior year of high school. Reynolds originally started for fun, but soon realized that he had a special talent and a unique voice. Matty’s belief in himself and ability to block out negativity has paid off. 

His biggest influences are Jon Bellion, Jeremy Zucker, and Peter McPoland, all of which fall under the indie-pop genre of music which categorize Reynolds’ music. While there is no album scheduled to be released, Reynolds is working hard so that we can enjoy some more of his music, and he plans to release a single in October.