Mr. Jonathon Thomas Named Interim Assistant Principal in Antonelli’s Absence

Photo by: Ava Paolucci

Ava Paolucci, Features Editor, Junior

PMHS welcomes new interim assistant principal Mr. Jonathon Thomas. Thomas has taken on the interim assistant principal role in Mrs. Antonelli’s leave of absence, which began on December 6. 

Mr. Thomas is a retired principal who worked at Valhalla High School for 14 years, and Pleasantville High School for four. He is also experienced in school counseling and was once a Director of Guidance. Mr. Thomas is currently on staff at Pace University’s Lubin School of Business as an adjunct professor.  After hearing about the interim position from a past Pleasantville colleague, he applied for the AP role at PMHS.

“Everyone has been very welcoming and nice, which has made the transition much easier and enjoyable. It is hard for students to get to know me this quickly, especially with the mask requirement, but I hope that will continue to change,” said Mr. Thomas.  

He has a great attitude toward his newfound role and looks forward to his time on staff.  A few of Mr. Thomas’ primary goals are to listen to students and teachers, to be available for feedback when asked, and to ensure PMHS keeps moving in a positive direction.  

“I approach the role with the goal of treating everyone with respect, supporting the school’s code of conduct, and building relationships with students and staff,” said Mr. Thomas.  

Although he is not scheduled to be a part of school staff for long, PMHS faculty and students welcome Mr. Thomas for the time being.