Five PMHS Athletes Commit to Next Level

Getting into college early is the ultimate dream. Being accepted to a college early means less stress. For five talented athletes of the PMHS community, this dream is a reality. George Dunhill, Quin Crowley, Cameron Catana, and Maddie Hartigan all verbally committed for their respective sports. Pelham is now ready to send George to Middlebury College, Quin to Hamilton College, Cameron to Kenyon College, and Maddie to Bucknell University. Shortly before we went to print, senior Delia Crotty also committed to Denison University.

When asked about his commitment George said, “Playing lacrosse in college has always been an aspiration of mine and I could not be more excited about my commitment to Middlebury.”

“I have been in contact with some students and they know it’s a big workload and that people are very dedicated to lacrosse, but that the relationships and experience is worth all the hard work,” said Quin.

Ready to play on a college level diamond, Cameron said, “It’s definitely going to be a challenge competition-wise, but knowing I can go to my number one school so early in the year feels great.”

After swimming her way to a scholarship Maddie told us, “I’ve looked forward to this moment and I’m so excited to be able to continue my sports career at Bucknell.”

Both Quin and George have played on the boys varsity lacrosse team since they were freshmen, which is generally unheard of within high school sports. They also both played on the same club team, the Westchester Predators, for three years. Having played lacrosse since grade three, they led a dominant Pelham travel lacrosse team which solidified lacrosse as their top sport. Cameron has played baseball since middle school and picked up pitching in high school. With a solid first year of varsity baseball he helped Pelham earn a spot in the playoffs! Although the Pelham swim team is one of the smallest in the section, Maddie has put her speed to work, leading the team to winning seasons in her final two years with the team.

These student athletes have shown hard work and dedication and in the end it paid off!