Senior Haunted House

Clare Foster, Staff Reporter, Sophomore

The seniors held their annual Haunted House on October 28 from 6pm to 9pm at the school for their terrifying tradition! The house had an entry fee of $10 to raise money. The goal was to raise money for prom and other senior events, it was also an opportunity for the seniors to experience an exciting yet sentimental memory to look back on after they become graduates. 

Every year the seniors of our school come together to scare those who are brave enough to walk through nightmares come to life. The house included several hilariously horrifying themes created by the very seniors who participated. The themes included scary surgery rooms, insane asylums, Pet Sematary by Stephen King, and more. Seniors were eager to take part in the creation of the haunted horror house instead of being the ones walking through. 

Samantha Janos said, “I’m excited because we have control of the haunted house this year, and I am excited to scare people.” 

“It feels fun because I went to the haunted house a lot and it’s interesting being on the other side,” Analia Casey said,

In comparison to last year’s haunted trail, the success for the haunted house seemed as if it couldn’t compete, but the seniors definitely did not disappoint and worked together to create a thrilling experience. They had a couple words about the haunted house last year and expressed their excitement of the indoor haunted festivity.

Katie Valente said, “Being inside is better than being outside, the most they could do is run after you.” 

The seniors did a fantastic job, they put in all of their work and efforts to entertain everyone and you can certainly see how much the seniors enjoyed themselves. Due to the pandemic, the house did have restrictions and protocol to keep everyone safe. Because of these coronavirus restrictions, only those who go to the high school were allowed to participate. But despite these regulations, about 300 high school students attended the haunted house which is more than expected! The seniors celebrated their final Halloween in high school in the greatest and scariest way possible. They truly left their mark on this school and we wish them all luck on what’s to come in the future.