Season Wrap-Up: Field Hockey

Gavin Kleinberger, Sports Editor

The PMHS Field Hockey finished the season with a 10-6-2 record. They’re led by coach April Clapp, along with four senior captains, Emma Crotty, Leila Brady, Ava Paolucci, and Katie Prisco. 

One of the highlights of their season was the atmosphere in the locker room. The team banded together, and created a true family environment, which was a large factor in their success.  Senior Isabella Caruso said, “The team has grown so close over the season. We have really became a family, and you can see it on the field.” This chemistry showed in their win against Edgemont High School. The team battled through the rain for a shutout 5-0 win. 

The highpoint of the season came when the team played under the lights on the Friday of homecoming. They won 3-2 against Harrison High School, playing an intense game in front of a large crowd. The team took it as a point of pride, being the homecoming team, and they were able to deliver on their goal. Caruso said, “The game was electric. Playing in front of that crowd was exhilarating, and I’m so happy we were able to deliver a win to the crowd.” As the clock counted from 10, the fans rushed the field in excitement. The team lost in the second round of the playoffs to Horace Greeley.