Beloved PMHS Security Guard Ms. G on the Road to Recovery

Photo courtesy of Ms. G

Ms. G smiles in a selfie alongside Mr. Vasami (l) and Mrs. Rao (r).

Walking into the library on Monday March 19, something immediately seemed off — the emptiness in Ms. G’s room. On March 16, security guard Lisa Gialanella, more commonly referred to as “Ms. G,” suffered a stroke and was hospitalized. After hearing the news, a wave of concern flooded through the student body. Ms. G has formed strong bonds with the students, whether they sit in her room during free periods, or just see her in the hallway. She essentially monitors the library, but goes beyond this by checking in on students and always being someone to talk to. To show their love and appreciation for all she has done, many students sent cards to Ms. G encouraging her swift recovery just as Ms. G has always encouraged their success. Shortly following this, a GoFundMe page was created by security guard Ms. Rao to raise money for her recovery. The goal of $10,000 was quickly exceeded. Ms. Rao and other staff members have been checking in on Ms. G and posting updates about her recovery on the GoFundMe page. Ms. G is overjoyed by the amount of support she has received and the generosity of everyone.

Her journey to recovery began at Burke Rehabilitation, and then United Hebrew as her condition improved. Ms. G has put up a strong fight and her recuperation has been faster than expected. She has, thankfully, been allowed to return home to continue her recovery. She has made it her goal to attend the Class of 2018’s graduation. All of Pelham is looking forward to seeing her smile again and look forward to her return to the halls of PMHS.