Winter Track off to a Running Start

Chinemere Njoku, Photo Editor, Sophomore

The winter track season for Pelham Memorial High School finally started and the team has a very good chance for success this year. The team already brought home medals in the first meet on December 6. 

The people that are leading the team are Ben Levine, Teddy D’Angelo, and Thomas Shelton for the field events. 

Coach Brown said, “we have the Whalen sisters Lydia and Nadine, Emma Van Praagh who’s also from the cross country they really kind of dictate the structure and the experience for the team, they are very solid and reliable at practice every day”. Emma is a junior, the Whalen sisters are sophomores, and Thomas, Teddy, and Ben are all seniors.

The winter track team had their first meet on December 6 and already brought home medals when junior Quincy Stern won gold in the boys high jump, senior Ben Levine won gold for the 3200m, junior Olivia Vikman won gold in shot put, sophomore Milan Otondi won bronze in the high jump, junior Emma Van Praagh won silver in the 3000m, and junior Liam Bruckner won silver in shot put. Coach Brown has high expectations for this winter track team, and he’s hoping to win the winter league this year. Coach Brown credits the other coaches and the kids for loving the sport because he just cares about the kids and the team.

Brown said,“ This is all for the kids, I want them to show up and get in great shape and have fun and get back to real life again!”.